We have immediate appointments available at our Newtown office located inside the Newtown Athletic Club - NAC! Cal… https://t.co/9CRUDPT986581 days ago
In order to achieve complete rehabilitation, Aquahab Physical Therapy offers a stand-alone land therapy program as well as a combined aquatic and land therapy program, depending on your needs.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Could include stretching, strengthening, dynamic stabilization, pilates exercises, physioball training, isokinetics, closed kinetic training, progressive resistance exercises, and cardiovascular circuit training.
- Functional Activities: Could include gait training, ascending/descending stairs, bed mobility, transfers (rising from a seated position to standing or getting out of bed).
- Moist Heat/Cold Packs: Used to reduce inflammation and/or pain.
- Electrical stimulation: Used to reduce pain, improve muscle strength and tone, reduce swelling.
- Ultrasound: Used to assist with resolution of inflammation and pain.
- Massage: Used to reduce muscle spasm, decrease pain and improve your function.
- Manual Therapy Techniques: Used to reduce pain, increase range of motion and allow quicker return to pain-free activities. Examples of Manual Therapy Techniques include MFR, joint mobs, stretching, Graston, IASTM, manual resistant exercises, and many more.
In the event that you participate in our combined land and aquatic program, you will start in the aquatic program and be gradually introduced to our land therapy program as improvements are recorded and goals are met during your aquatic rehabilitation.
As a result of this program, you will increase your overall strength, endurance, and cardiovascular capacity. You will also learn, through constant education and supervision, how to recognize your physical limitations, and how to avoid future injury. The goal is to return you to your maximum functional capacity and teach you techniques to help keep you there.